Sunday, January 5, 2014

I Have No Rhythm... Are You Surprised?




Yesterday (in the freezing cold) I experienced my first trail lesson with Cassie. It was so much fun, but I've definitely proved to myself that I have absolutely know rhythm. Hehehe. I'm decent at counting to the beat of the 'trail trot' while working the jog-overs, but I can't for the life of me bounce my hand (think drummer) with the beat of her trot. Rob just shook his head at e, but hopefully I'm not too hopeless!

We worked on lope-overs as well, and I'm learning to find my distance. It seems completely counterintuitive to me to stare at the ground, especially coming from a hunter/jumper background. Thankfully, I watched part of my new Tim Kimura Trail DVD the night before so I knew all about buckets, ladders, and using my rudder!

By the end of our lesson, I could already feel a difference in the amount of lope I was getting and our steering had improved which is always a plus! Cassie loves trail, and I think it'll be good for her to try something other than going around the arena in circles. Apparently, my homework for this week is to practice jogging over poles and find the beat.

It's definitely going to be an interesting experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment